You have no items in your shopping cart.
Oops, there are no products matching the selection.
The popular trend of filming time lapses seems to be growing day by day with no end in sight. Its popularity has led numerous film enthusiasts to try their hand at filming time lapses too. However, a lot of filmmakers, especially the beginners, do not have the slightest idea how to shoot it and what equipment is required or filming a perfect time lapse.
We are here to tell you that a motorised time lapse slider is the perfect tool for your filmmaking needs. There are various companies that manufacture motorised time-lapse sliders, all having different features and functions. Some people, who are into frugal filmmaking, suggest others to make their own motorised sliders at home, and even though it is possible, we would strongly suggest you to break bank and invest in one.
Motorized time lapse sliders are quick and extremely simple to set up. Not only are these cameras brilliant for filming time lapses, but they are also significantly helpful for panning the camera in different angles and directions during a film shoot.
You simply have to adjust your camera on the motorized time lapse slider and you will be good to go. Some sliders work for specific cameras, while there are some that are compatible with most cameras. There are different ways a camera attaches to motorized time-lapse sliders. Some sliders have clams, while others have tightening screws.
Once the camera is installed you can move your camera sideways automatically or manually. Some sliders only have the option of moving the camera by hand, which can be tiresome, but gives the filmmaker ultimate control over their shot. The automatic sliders can be controlled from remote distances with the help of a remote control or in some cases, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
Following are some features you should consider when you plan to buy motorized time-lapse sliders.
- The best motorized camera slider would always have a great load capacity, and can withstand a lot of weight without sustaining any damage
- Good motorized sliders always have the option of mounting your tripod
- There shouldn’t be any friction in the motorized sliding system
- Always check if the slider has the feature of motion control in real time
- The best motorized camera slider always has added central support, to keep maintain the camera’s and slider’s balance
- Always test the slider for noise. Low-quality camera sliders tend to produce a screechy sound
- The length of the slider’s rail should be high enough to cover long distances
Even though a little bit on the expensive side, the motorised camera sliders will make sure that the content you produce, separates you from the amateurs and carries you towards greatness.