You have no items in your shopping cart.
£168.61 Ex VAT £202.33 Inc VAT
- 19-15mm Base Plate With Dovetail Tripod Plate
- ARRI compatible
- Quick release lever
- Convenient way to mount your camera or rig to a tripod
- 19/15mm rods to mount necessary accessories
- Extremely durable
£154.60 Ex VAT £185.52 Inc VAT
- 15 mm Rod system
- Comes with 2 x 300 mm rods
- Quick release mechanism
- Height adjustable
- 1/4 and 3/8 screw slots
- Compatible with follow focus and mattebox
£43.24 Ex VAT £51.89 Inc VAT
- 1/4 inch & 3/4 inch Mounting Screws
- Precision CNC Machined
- Black Anodized Finish
- Provides Maximum Contact Area To The Camera
- Full Access To All Camera Controls
- Lever Operated Clamp
£392.00 Ex VAT £470.40 Inc VAT
- Provides balance and comfort for every camera
- Should be used with camera's with external viewfinders
- Features a V-lock delta adapter at the bottom
- Features a removable Velcro Shoulder Pad
- 15mm (8") rods at the front and 7,5mm (4") rods at the back
- 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threaded holes
£625.00 Ex VAT £750.00 Inc VAT
- Long format 15mm rod baseplate for the Sony FS7
- Can be used shoulder mounted, tripod mounted, and attached to V-lock tripod adapters
- Removable touch fastener shoulder pad
- ARRI rosettes for attaching handles
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount threads
- V-lock delta adapter for mounting on quick-release tripod adapters
Camera rigs are a necessity for any professional videographer or photographer. This is mostly because to add something extra to the quality of their shots. Rigs are used for mounting purposes, safety purposes and to extend the efficiency of your professional camera. Camera rigs have various components which make up the camera rig gear. A camera base plate is an important part of the camera rig gear and is essential in holding up the camera.
Base plates are often used to extend the usefulness of tripod screws. They make it easier for you to insert or remove your camera rig from the tripod head. A camera mounting plate is similar to a base plate which helps you mounting your equipment more securely and with less risk of your equipment slipping or falling. The Lanparte V-Mount plate is an example of such a plate which is also equipped with a quick release function.
There are a lot of things you should look for in a good base plate. The first thing to consider is the construction of the plates. A CNC machined plate made up of anodised Aluminium alloy is the most preferred option. This type of construction provides the necessary strength to the plates and makes them more durable. A camera base plate should be able to provide access to most of the camera parts.
Camera rigs which don’t allow easy access make it difficult for you to get the consistency required in getting the best shots. Another thing to know about is the compatibility of the base plates with different camera accessories. A camera base plate which is compatible with different camera types and their features like the follow focus system and the matte box is a good option to consider.
When looking for a camera mounting plate like the Lanparte V-Mount plate, you should check its mounting capacity. Your base plate should be capable of mounting maximum number of your camera accessories. You should also look for the base plates with the quick release function. This function ensures that there is little time spent on organizing your camera rig gear.
A camera mounting plate also specializes in anchoring the rod/rail system on your camera. The most common rod/rail system is the 15mm and the 19mm system. You should make sure that the rod and rail system matches with the base plates. The Lanparte V-Mount plate is known for its compatibility with different rod and rail systems and can be an ideal choice for you.
Base plates come with different additional options which you can look into to enhance your rig’s functionality. The spring loaded locking pin, additional screw holes, tail hooks and handles make up the extra gear you can add to your base plates. These can contribute a lot especially when it comes to balancing your camera accessories and are added bonus for you to have. Your camera’s base plates should be adjustable, easy to use and light to help you create the best filmmaking content.